Saturday, May 4, 2013

I'm Too Sexy for My Shirt

                 
My husband never buys clothes for himself. Never. I don't buy clothes for him because when I do he scrunches up his nose and says things like, "That looks horrible, I'm never wearing that." Some husbands let their wives dress them but not him. He likes to wear what he wants and doesn't want input. That's okay with me, I don't have time to shop anyway. I do always encourage him to buy things if needed and he can take my advice or not. Usually not, but I make an effort.

Last week I was in the area of his work and I stopped in to see if he wanted to take a break and have a cup of coffee with me. We don't often get time alone so it was nice. We walked over to Sonic and drank iced coffee. I mentioned casually that he needed new work shirts and he said, "I do need new clothes. Let's go this weekend and you can help me pick stuff out." I thought that he obviously had been abducted by aliens. "Really?" He nodded. I was so excited.

So we went to Marshalls because it is close to the house and we are lazy and don't want to walk through a mall or department store. As we picked out things our girls explored the kids section that was close by. They would come up to us holding dresses and tops and say, "Mom, can we get this?" "No, we are shopping for dad." They pouted. "Why does dad get everything and we get nothing?" I rolled my eyes, "Because he owns 3 shirts and you own 50." They really do. They have so many clothes that sometimes I find clothes in their closet that I forgot existed.

So we get the clothes and we walk over to the dressing room. The lady who was working the dressing room was not the friendliest. My husband said, "I have 10 items." She recounted everything and handed him a little number tag. Then she sat down in front of a desk and scowled. I was looking at her and she reminded me of something and I couldn't put my finger on it. Then I figured it out. She looked like a bloodhound. She had these big saggy checks and looked really sullen.
                                            
I am not trying to be mean and I'm not saying she was ugly. She just had bloodhound-like features is all.

The dressing room was right behind the shoe section and while my husband tried on his clothes the kids tried on shoes. They tried on every single pair of shoe that was on display. They would put on one pair and model them and then run off for the next pair. The bloodhound lady watched them and appeared annoyed. I didn't care. We were spending money in there, the kids weren't making a mess, and they actually weren't annoying me so I did not mind them sampling every pair of shoe at all.

My husband would emerge periodically from the dressing room and let me say "yea" or "nea". He looked so handsome. The kids were like, "You look so nice, daddy." Finally we were ready to go. The kids asked for shoes, of course. I didn't give in. I did buy gummy worms for us to share instead. Red and clear gummy worms = heaven. It was a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment