Friday, May 24, 2013

Terms of Endearment

                                            

I got home late on Wednesday evening and the kids were already asleep. I set down my bags and tiptoed into their rooms. My husband followed behind me. I watched them sleep for a moment. They looked so peaceful in the soft glow of the hallway light. "Look at our little binkers. They are so sweet." Yeah, I call them binkers. I have aquired a variety of pet names for my kids over the years. See list below:
Bean
Bug
Bobaydence
Bo-bay
Bo
Bumble bee
Bumble
Bee
Bee-Bee
Wee-Bow
Pee-Bow
Bee-Bow
Pillow
K-K
Snuggle Buggle
Buggle
Poopy Head
Poopy Bottom
Soggy Bottom
Stinker Binker
Binky
Binks
Gobbledy-Gook

I am sure there are more. I don't know where they've come from. Every year I they take on new nicknames. My children answer to these names and know whose belong to who. If I yell "Bee-Bee," my youngest comes. If I call "Bo-Bay" my oldest will show up. I don't know when they will start getting annoyed at these pet names, but it will probably be soon.

Of course my husband and I have pet names for each other. Some are terms of endearment and others are insults. My husband's favorite pet name for me starts with a "B" and ends with an "itch". Just kidding - that's only what he calls me in his head. He did call me a wizard last week. I get this text from him, "The kid's bookbags are in your car that is parked at the airport. Way to go, wizard." "Did you just call me a wizard? Is that supposed to be an insult?" "Yes, it is." I was not offended at all. I have been called worse things than a wizard. He doesn't realize who he is messing with. I can roll with with the nerdy insults. "Well, you are a level  10 Air Elemental." In yo face!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment