Tuesday, October 2, 2018

How the Hell is it October?

  Image result for it's been 84 years
It's been so long since I've written here. Over a month. I'm not vain enough to pretend that anyone cares that much but I have been so good at archiving our lives over the years that I'm a little disappointed in myself.

September was a little crazy. We took an impromptu vacation to St. Augustine after the Governor ordered mandatory evacuations for the coast. It was a little stressful, we made the decision to leave very quickly. We scrambled to get the house together and secure what we could, we took down our backyard oasis and made arrangements for the pets. We took our important documents, all the food we could pack in coolers and left the rest. I don't care about anything in my house. Things are only things.

We stayed at this adorable cottage just 2 blocks from the beach. We filled our days with beach going, sight seeing and generally relaxing. I drank pina coladas on the back porch every night. There was no hustle and bustle of driving kids here or there. It was so nice- a much needed break from real life. I needed it and I think the kids did too.

Since then, things have returned to normal. I quit my job. I grew weary of working every weekend. My husband is busy with work. He'll be traveling again soon. Definitely to Germany and possibly Hawaii. One day, when I kids are grown, I'll tag along on some of his work trips. In the meantime, the kids are keeping me busy with their activities. School is going well for them. Progress reports came home today. I haven't seen my oldests yet- she has all As and Bs in Powerschool so lets hope she keeps it up. 

My youngest was annoyed that she has a 92 in English. Otherwise she has a 98 and the rest are 99s. What the hell? I never had a 99 overall grade in anything ever. She's so smart.

This month I found out that when you get old your pubes turn grey and they fall out. I was really upset about it. I feel like it's something everyone should know. I've been telling people about it. Like a PSA. After I found out, I was sitting in the living room with my family and I just turned to them and said, "Just so you know- when you get old your pubes are going to turn grey and fall out."
They were horrified.
                          Image result for horrified gif
Just telling you all in case you didn't know- Your pubes are going to turn grey and FALL OUT. You will thank me later.

Also, I'm pretty sure my air conditioner just shit the bed. It's like 84 degrees in my house right now. We've been waiting for YEARS. The unit was installed in 02. It's as old as the house. We don't even get it serviced because it's financially not worth it. Every summer we just cross our fingers and wait. It's a game we like to call How-Long-Will-This-AC-Last? or Us-Against-the-AC. Look at it.
 No automatic alt text available.
It's a damn disgrace. It's a remnant from the civil war and they just built the house around it. hahaha BUT it's October now. It's hot as balls but only really for the next 2 weeks. I'm about to tell these kids to open the windows, take cold showers, and wear their little shortie shorts. I mean, I can't really be mad about it. It had a good run, it gave us all it had to give. All good things must come to an end.

So, that was my lame-ass excuse for a blog, for those that care. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment