Thursday, December 20, 2012

Art at My House

My children are talented artists. My 6 year old won 2nd place in a youth art competition at the fair recently. My oldest is extremely talented as well. I know I am bragging but I am not going to apologize about it.  All over my house - counter tops, kitchen tables, desks, stairs, there are papers with sketches. They just draw all the time. My oldest carries a sketch book with her and just draws random things she comes across. The art of my children are much different. My oldest drew this:
She also drew this:
I was reading the paper and she was sitting at her desk. "Whatcha drawing?" She was like, "A heart." I thought she meant a cartoon heart. But she was illustrating and labeling the anatomy of the human heart. Just like any normal 8 year old would. I love this kid. She is going to be a scientist.

My youngest daughter goes for more light-hearted subject matter:
I love this gorilla for instance. I could not draw a gorilla like this. I would love to hang it on my fridge, but there is just one little problem. THIS is the whole picture:
Yes, the gorilla is farting someone's face. I like how she added the speech bubble with the girl screaming - it really adds to the overall affect of the picture.

These kids are amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment