Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Crazy Time

                               
I have been so crazy busy. The days are long and they just run into each other. Friday was no different. I was running late coming home and I called my husband to let him know I would be home late and he said, "Well, you don't need to pick up anything because I made dinner." He was proud of the dinner he made, so I held off to eat his dinner. When I got home, I was exhausted. I opened the microwave and didn't see my food. So I went in the fridge (that is nearly bare). There was a plate covered in tinfoil. I opened it. There was . chicken, rice and green beans. I stuck it in the microwave and heated it up. Then I sat down to eat. The food was still half cold, but I didn't care - I was hungry. The rice was okay. The chicken was kind of dry. It wasn't great but it wasn't horrible. The kids came down and were chatting with me and telling me about their day. I was halfway done my plate when my husband came down. "STOP. That is not your dinner. That food is old." I dropped my fork., "How old?" He thought, "Well, I didn't make it this week, so at least the week before." I panicked and I blurted out the first thing that came into my head. "OH MY GOD! I'm going to die." Not a good thing to say in front of the kids. They were distressed and really thought I was going to die. My daughter was like, "Mom, I think you need to go to the hospital." My husband said, "Dude, your probably going to get botulism or something." I was very disturbed. I waited. I was sure I was going to have dysentery. That I was going to have horrible vomiting and diarrhea and die in a horrible, dehydrated state. But alas, I did not get stomach issues and I did not die. For that I am grateful.

I don't know how this happened. Our fridge is probably the cleanest it's been in a while. That's because 3 weeks ago my husband left the fridge open accidentally while he was at work and ruined EVERYTHING that was in there. The day after I spent $200 at the grocery store. Yikes. Condiments, fruit, milk, eggs, cheese...all of it had to be thrown away. Just another fun filled event at my house.

After I ate the old salmonella chicken, I took a shower and hopped into bed with my kiddos to watch a movie. My 7 year old kept putting her head under the blankets and every time I would peek under there to see what she was doing, she would scream and cry. She was being especially weird. Finally, I asked her what was wrong. She had tears rolling down her face. "Mama, I think you look like Chucky and it's scaring me." WTF? Let me remind you what Chucky looks like....
                              
I know I'm not a supermodel or anything, but Chucky? I was highly offended. I don't even know how she knows about Chucky. I've not even seen the Chucky movies. Whatever. I pulled my hair up so I would look less like Chucky.

We finally fell into a blissful sleep. The next morning I had a ton of stuff to do. My husband took a trip to Carowinds with some guys from work and so the girls and I were on our own. I cleaned out my car while the kids played outside. I unpacked a box of candle making supplies that was overflowing with packing peanuts. I left the room for just a few minutes and when I went back in my 7 year old jumped out of the box of packing peanuts and scared me. "Please get out of there." She tried to, but in the process - the entire box toppled over. Packing peanuts EVERYWHERE. I mean everywhere. My 9 year old came in to was in awe at the mess. She laid down in them in began to make "snow angels" in them. Then they threw them over their head, "It's snowing!" Dear God. I wasn't upset. I just told them they needed to clean them up when they were done.

Then the neighbors showed up and they too made it "snow" packing peanuts in my living room. I had some boxes and cleaning supplies that were mixed in the jumble and one of the kids stepped on my bottle of Goo Gone which wound up all over my floor and turned some of the packing peanuts into this green slime. I made them clean up at that time because I had enough. I decided to be nice and help. It was eventful. I got green goo all over me. My 7 year old was moving the rocking horse out of the way and dropped it firmly on my foot which now has a large bruise on it. But we got it done.

I wanted to do something fun with the kids for the evening so I decided I would take the kids to Halloween in the Swamp. That was a horrible, horrible, horrible idea. To be continued......


No comments:

Post a Comment