Monday, October 12, 2015

It's Been A While



It's been a while since I last posted. I know you have been waiting with bated breath to know what is going on in my oh-so-interesting life. The truth is that we've been incredibly busy. Between work, the kids school, shuffling back and forth between gymnastics and dance classes and trying to keep up with the housework - I'm exhausted. I lost my laptop charger for a week. That contributed as well.

It's been an interesting 2 weeks. We weekend after we closed on the house we painted the kids room. They both picked different shades of blue. My oldest wanted a chalkboard wall so that's what she did. She loves it. A few days ago I walked into her room to deposit some folded laundry and I saw a list she had written on the wall.

                                  My Goals
                         1. Play the flute everyday
                         2. Study or fail at life
                         3. Get mom and dad to buy me chocolate

That's it. Just those three things. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. How wonderful to be 11!

My youngest still won't sleep in her room. She makes a pallet on the floor every.night. We've pretty much given up on her sleeping in her room. We're just glad she doesn't sleep in our bed. The other night as she was settling down on the floor my husband asked, "Didn't you want us to re-do your room so you would want to sleep in there."
She looked at him like that was the stupidest thing she'd ever heard. "No. I just wanted it to look nice. I never said I wanted to sleep in there."
Well, that was a waste of time and money. I'm about to give that bedroom to my dog but I am still holding out hope that she will sleep in there one day. Surely she won't be sleeping in my room when she's 15?

I don't mind it too much. Tonight as we settled into bed she turned to me with a sweet smile and said, "Mom, when you are in your job outfits you look smart." haha. If that's the case, I have everyone fooled.



No comments:

Post a Comment