Monday, August 6, 2012

Uranus

                                                  Uranus, not to be confused with your anus.

  My eight year old loves science. She is interested in ecology, plants, anatomy, weather and nature. The kid asked for owl pellets to dissect when she was 5 years old. Science is her thing. For her birthday she got a solar system model which she was really excited about. We have been talking about the planets and my husband was showing her NASA TV and it is interactive and you can click on the planets and stars and you can learn about them. She was LOVING it.

Last night I asked her what her favorite planet is. "I really like Mercury because it is small and looks like popcorn." The she paused, "But I wish it was called Uranus." "Why?" "Because it is my favorite planet NAME. It is really funny. Get it, Ur-anus. I think they call it that because it must look like somebody's anus." I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. There is never a dull moment with my girls!


No comments:

Post a Comment