Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Back to School Shopping


I have been busy getting the kids ready for back to school. I have spent so much money. I don't understand how people can afford to have kids. I got all of their school supplies and new back packs. I went to Goodwill, as usual. The kids needed new shoes and they wanted Twinkle Toes, so I told them we could go to the Sketchers outlet and get a few outfits from Justice. They were so excited to get clothes that no one else owned before. That made me feel kind of sad. Not sad enough to start paying full price for new things but a slight amount of guilt.

We got the shoes and they picked out some back to school outfits. As usual they choose neon orange and pink. You will be able to see them for a mile away. At least I won't have to watch them closely. I do get ultimate veto power but am pretty flexible. Unless it's skanky. It's unbelievable how many  kids stores sell slutty outfits for little girls. It's just sad. I am a little strict when it comes to clothes - no short shorts, no bikinis. I won't let them get their ears pierced yet. Not that I am morally against short shorts, earrings and bikinis. I just want them to be little girls for a while.

Then we went to the mall. Uggh. I go to the mall only a few times a year. To go see Santa and to visit Payless. They always send me good coupons. The Payless is near the mall entrance so I never walk through the mall. Therefore, I am oblivious to current fashion trends. On this visit, I walked through the mall and was shocked by what a saw. Store after store of mannequins dressed like this:

                                    Animal Print Crop Cami

The most hideous, skanky, tacky clothing. I am losing my faith in humanity. I saw a sweater that literally had spikes coming out of it. Who would wear that? Someone who hates getting hugs, that's who.
There was row after row of stripper shoes. If I ever went into the street walker business, at least I know I can get some good deals at the mall.



I saw teenagers coming out of Hollister holding bags with half-naked young people and kissing.
                                 
That store is so loud that it hurt my ears to walk by it. I realized that I am way to old to be in the mall. I need to hang out in Dillards. I sure hope the style of clothing changes within the next 5 years before my kids become teenagers....



No comments:

Post a Comment