Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My Sweeties

                             
The day after our moldy garage excursion, my 9 year old daughter had a few friends sleep over. My husband and I were pretty beat so we just relaxed and let the kids play and do their thing. The kids were debating how late they could stay up. They were talking about 3 am, 4 am. Why does that even sound appealing?

By 10 pm my husband and I could not keep our eyes open. "Girls, these are the rules: stay in the house, be nice, don't light anything on fire or do anything dangerous. Have fun!" We crawled off to bed. I instantly fell asleep.

I woke up at 6:30 Sunday morning and went downstairs. The kids were piled on the couches snoozing. I quietly went into the kitchen to fix coffee. My sleepy-eyes 7 year old walked in and said, "Mama, I need you to go upstairs right now!" "But I'm making coffee." I sighed, "But I have a surprise for you." Whatever. I went upstairs. My husband looked up, "Did you make coffee?" "No, we're not allowed to go downstairs right now."

After a little while our daughter came up and and invited us down. We walked into the kitchen and found the table was covered with a gold scarf and there was a delicious looking fruit salad with blueberries, stawberries and sliced bananas. There was heart shaped waffles and wine glasses with soy milk. There was a 1 glass with 2 straws in it. My oldest daughter said, "We wanted to make fresh orange juice but we didn't have oranges so we made fresh apple juice instead." "How?" She shrugged, "I looked it up on the internet. It has a little bit of cinnamon." They pulled out the chairs and we sat down. The 4 girls just looked at us grinning. "We wanted you to have a romantic breakfast because we want something special for you." Sooo sweet. They left the room so we could have some "privacy". We sat at the gold adorned table and ate our heart shaped waffles and drank our homemade apple juice. We are lucky to have such sweet girls. We pretty much won the kid lottery.



No comments:

Post a Comment