Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Freaking Me Out

                 
Why is the end of the school year so busy? I hate it. I am in charge of an event at my daughter's school which means that I am pretty much living there this week. Yesterday I was just going about my day, doing what I needed to do and finally in the afternoon I decided to take a bathroom break. I was chugging water all day and holding it in. I'm about to get TMI on you in a minute, so you are warned.

So I go into the bathroom and sit down to pee. As soon as I do the damn fire alarm goes off. It was so loud that I jumped. Mid-pee. That's hot. The alarm was so loud and the light was blinking but I couldn't stop peeing. It was like a three minute one. I imagined that the popcorn machine in the library was on fire and by the time I finished I would be locked in the library full of burning books. That would be the end for me.

I couldn't even enjoy my long-awaited satisfying pee because my ears hurt. I did make it out of the building alive though. False alarm.

I was ready for a much less eventful evening. We did our Tuesday tradition of going out to eat and then came home to get ready for the next day. My dad came over and watched Hannibal with my husband. That show is a little too gory for me so I passed.

I got the kids to bed and dad finally left around 10. We locked up and turned out the lights. Well, except for the hallway light. We leave that on because my husband is afraid of the dark. We chatted for a while and then both drifted off to sleep.

I didn't sleep well. I had a weird dream that I was walking around in the neighborhood that I grew up in except that it was rundown and creepy. Then there was a man with a gun and he was shooting at me as I ran away. I woke up in a cold sweat. When I did it was pitch black and I heard ominous music and then voices. I sat up in bed thinking that I was still dreaming. I wasn't. I could hear everything clearly.

I nudged my husband awake. "Did you leave the TV on downstairs?" He shook his head but got up to investigate. He went into the hallway the flicked the switch. "Damn it! The light bulb is burned out. I just changed it." I heard him walk down stairs then the music and talking stopped. It was a few more minutes before he came upstairs. He walked right over to his phone.

"What was that?" He didn't say anything for a minute.
 "That's weird."
"What?"
"I went downstairs and Hannibal was playing on TV, The murder scene from the first episode. That's impossible because I chrome casted it and we watched through the second episode. It's not even on my phone."

He looked around. "Where is the dog?" He checked the kids rooms and we couldn't find her. She was under the bed. Which she does occasionally but it's unusual for her to sleep down there. I felt unsettled. Between the nightmare, the light being burned out, the hiding dog, and murder scenes randomly playing themselves on my television in the middle of the night was to much for me. 

I got up and started my day. I had to bring a bunch of stuff to the school so my husband took my youngest and I took my oldest. My oldest was not herself this morning. She was really dragging. I asked her why she was so tired and she said, "I had this nightmare last night. I don't really remember it that good but somebody got shot. I woke up and I only had my pillow. My blanket was on the other side of the room and I had to get out of bed to get it. That's why I'm so tired." WTF? I was like:
We have to move! I'm scared! I just pooped my pants!

Isn't that just too much creepy shit to happen in one night? I need to burn some sage and have a priest come over with some holy water or something.

So that's what is going on with me. I hope the next few days are less eventful.





No comments:

Post a Comment