Thursday, May 7, 2015

Sicky Sicky

            
I feel like a human again today. I have been so sick the past 4 days. It's been really horrible. I woke up on Monday with a fever and it hurt to swallow. I've had horrible sinus congestion and have mostly been confined to my bed. Standing up made me feel horrible and dizzy.

Being stuck in bed is the worst. I pretty much watched mindless Youtube videos all day while I sipped on a bottle of Dayquil. I can now speak to anyone at length about Illuminati blood sacrifices, reptilian shape- shifters, and dancing cats.

I've been feeling so bad for my husband because he has had to do essentially everything. Even though I am legitimately sick it still makes me feel a little bit lazy. I have been the worst mother ever. I have pretty much neglected the children and let them fend for themselves.

Last night before my husband got home they were asking me what was for dinner. I was laying in bed like:                          
"We're having find it, eat it," I replied. They looked at me like I had three heads. "What does that mean?"
"That means that you go down stairs, you find something and then you eat it." You would have thought the world was coming to an end.
"Well, what can we eat?"
"Whatever you want." They could have eaten Cheez Its with a side of Popsicles and I wouldn't have cared.
"Like what?"
"A bowl of cereal, sandwich, bowl of soup, fruit."
"Why can't you just cook us something?"
Because my self preservation comes before your nutrition. I didn't say that, but I thought it.
They talked my husband into ordering pizza. I did not give any shits. I just was glad I didn't have to cook it.

When I am sick, my tolerance is really low. I don't like bright lights or loud noises. I just want to be left alone. I was literally in a feverish daze on Monday, in between sleep and consciousness, and the kids kept wanting to come ask me a million questions and show me things that I didn't care about.

"Mom, do you want to see my power point?" No. I feel like I just got hit by a car, please go away. I just started being mean. My ten year old was making these loud, obnoxious noises for some reason. It made my head hurt terribly. I asked her to stop multiple times but she just kept on going. Finally, I lost it. I sat up in bed and started screaming at her, "IF ONE MORE NOISE COMES OUT OF YOUR FACE, I AM GOING TO GROUND YOU. GET AWAY FROM ME NOW!!!!" Bad Mom Award. I screamed so loud that I think I blew snot on the wall in front of me.

Maybe when I'm feeling better, I'll be more coherent. Until then....



No comments:

Post a Comment