Friday, February 19, 2016

Bathrooms

                  
Since we have purchased this house, I have slowly been getting it together. Painting rooms and fixing wood rot and all kinds of boring things.

Since the bedrooms are done, it is time to do the bathrooms. I asked the children to pick a color or a theme for their bathroom. "Get together and make a Pinterest Board or something." What was I thinking?

A few hours later my 11 year old gave me a dissertation about the bathroom. "Well, we wanted like - a blue but we already have a lot of blue rooms so we are thinking more of like a periwinkle. We want it to be beach themed." Then she proceeded to show me a 100 pictures. Mermaid wall hooks, green stringed lights, canvas pictures, picture frames - a bunch of shit that doesn't belong in the bathroom.

I really just wanted them to pick out a paint color and a shower curtain and maybe just a picture to hang on the wall. They were getting all Traded Spaces on me. That is my project over the next 2 weeks - to narrow down their selection and get their bathroom painted. The walls look dingy and gross.

My bathroom also needs to be done. I asked my husband what color he thought we should paint our master bathroom. I expected him to say green because he wants us to paint every room green but he surprised me.
"I think we should go with a purple."
"Why purple?"
"Because purple is an ancient roman color. You know - emperors in Rome wore purple. We should have a Rome themed bathroom."
                                      britney spears shocked wut huh excuse me
That seemed intriguing to me. "What would be have in a Roman-themed bathroom?"
"You know, like a picture of the Colosseum or something like that."

Like the Colosseum in ancient Rome, great battles may occur in the master bathroom....if you don't eat enough fiber.

My husband lets me do my thing so I thought, What the hell? Let's have an ancient Rome themed bathroom. I found this really cool shower curtain that has a map of Rome.
                          Rome watercolor painting Shower Curtain
We'll have a print of the Colosseum and I want to get a shelf for the wall above the toilet. I am considering buying a bust of Ceasar. I think it'll be funny because it'd be above a throne. Get it? Emperor / throne? he he he. My husband can gaze into his eyes when he uses the restroom every morning. He'll stare at us when we step out of the shower.
                                  
How awesome and creepy would that be?

So in my ancient Roman bathroom searching I decided that we should go to Rome. I've been wanting to go but I decided to make it official. Carpe Diem! I wanted to go next Spring Break but the timing wasn't good so we'll go next June. We're going to do a cruise because there are some other places we want to see and I like the idea of getting a little taste of Italy, the French Rivera and Barcelona. Also, we can take advantage of the various buffets and wake up in a new location everyday without having to worry about transportation. You know, because I'm lazy.

I am so excited that I can barely stand it. It will be our 15th wedding anniversary and the kid's 11th and 13th birthday present all rolled together. That makes me feel old.

Until then, I'll have to settle for our Roman bathroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment