Monday, February 1, 2016

Dads are the Best!

                     
On Saturday night I went over to a friend's house to hang out. A girls night - just what I needed. My youngest had a sleep over that night. I had such a nice time. We talked about hormones, church and husbands. I drank a Mikes Hard Lemonade. There were scented candles and s**t. That's how we roll. As the kids would say, we were getting "turnt up."

The time passed by so quickly that it was 1 am before I knew it. It was a rare event because I almost never make it past 10 am. I pull up in front of my house at 1:30 in the morning and it was glowing. What the hell? The dog greeted me at the door which meant no one had put her in her cage, which meant the likelihood that she pissed on carpet was very high.

I walked in and literally every single light was on in my house. The bathroom light, the kitchen, every light. I went upstairs and my husband was asleep with the bedroom light on. There was a movie still playing on TV. These people need to stop being afraid of the dark.

I crawled into bed around 2, after shutting off all the lights and letting out the dog. The stupid dog woke me up at 7 am the next morning. I got up and let her out, made breakfast and started cleaning the house and doing all the other crap that needed to be done.

By 8 pm last night I felt like I was dying. I went straight to bed. I usually lay with my 9 year old before bed but I couldn't move. My eyes were closed but I could hear her negotiate with my husband to move the dogs cage into her room. That was the ONLY way that she would sleep in there. My husband relented and moved the cage into her room.

He laid down in bed with me a while later. Then my 11 year old came in. "My throat hurts. Can you make me some tea?" He groaned and got up to make her tea. "Give her some medicine," I mumbled incoherently. I was so tired. They went downstairs and he fixed her tea. While they were down there, I heard my 9 year old get up and yell down the stairs. "Dad, the dog won't go to bed!"
He yelled back up, "Just go to bed!"

He back up stairs and got into bed. A short time later my 9 year old appeared. "Daddy! The dog is standing up in her cage and won't go to bed."
"She's a dog. She will lay down. Just go to bed."
"But dad, she is not tired."
"What does that have to do with you going to bed?"
"She keeps looking at me."
He was getting so frustrated. "GO TO BED!"

Finally she went to bed and the two of us drifted into glorious sleep. Then I hear a voice, "I'm really hungry."
I opened one eye. It was 12:30 am. Why? "It's in the middle of the night," I groaned. "But my stomach hurts. I'm so hungry." I was still so tired. I had sleep paralysis. I couldn't move. I woke up my husband. "Please help me." He got out of bed, took her downstairs and fixed her a snack and sent her back to bed.

He is super awesome. Seriously, he didn't even complain about it. I am the worst mom. I let everyone fend for themselves last night. Thank goodness my husband has his act together. He's the ying to my bad mom yang.

No comments:

Post a Comment