Wednesday, January 23, 2013

29

                        

Tomorrow I am turning 29. The first day of the last year of my 20's. I am excited about it. I don't mind getting older - as long as I still look good. Once I start looking raggedy, then we have a problem. I feel like 29 is still so young. I feel (God willing) that I have my whole life ahead of me. I could write books or paint or go back to school or take up quilting - do whatever I want to do. The world is my oyster! I am half way done raising my children. In 10 years I'll have a kid in college and a 17 year old and I won't even be 40 - that's classic.

I feel like there is such a high expectation to do something amazing on one's birthday. I am not a big birthday person. I won't do anything special. I do have a dentist appointment - which means free toothbrush for me! Holla! We will buy Chinese food for dinner so I won't have to cook. I purchased a little Carvel cake. My husband agreed to take the kids to school in the morning tomorrow. Thank goodness! I don't feel like yelling at the kids on my birthday. They have been especially grumpy this week. I am so over it.

Well, it's 8:10 which means it's 10 minutes past my bed time. Now THAT makes me feel old!




No comments:

Post a Comment