Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Just Stahp

                               
My kids must have saved up all of their craziness while we were at Disney and they have been unleashing it big time this week. They have been bickering with each other constantly. On Sunday my oldest was sitting on the floor drawing a picture and her sister sat down next to her and was just watching her draw. Not touching her, not saying anything, not sitting on her, not breathing on her. My 8 year old screamed, "Mom, get her away. She is bothering me." "She's not doing anything." "She's watching me and I don't want her to watch me." I told her to go into the other room if she wants to be alone. She chose not to do that. She chose instead to shove her sister. Big mistake. I have warned my oldest daughter many times not to touch her sister. She may be much bigger but my 6 year old is a little crazy and she will seriously hurt someone. I would not win a cage match with my 6 year old.  She reminds me of Scrappy Doo.
                                                   
As soon as she shoved her sister a war broke out. They were rolling on the ground. Screaming, pulling hair. My youngest was trying to bite my oldest's head. It was serious. I was trying to break them up and getting kicked. I was screaming at them. SCREAMING. Like a crazy lady. I hate yelling at my kids. I will be nice but if my requests or ignored or I get kicked, I pretty much lose it. This is me screaming at the kids:
                                                        Banshee by Bart Willard
I can't take the fighting. Let's be nice and pick flowers together and be polite so I don't have to yell. Is that too much to ask?

Yesterday was hellish. I was so excited to see the kids after a long day of work and when we got home the kids wanted to watch a show on Netflix. Normally, my rule is NO television Monday-Thursday but I have been bending the rules around Christmas time. We need to get back in the routine and I said, "No TV - go outside, ride bikes, blow bubbles, play with toys, do art. Do what you want - but no TV." You would have thought I denied them dinner. I got verbally berated. I was told that I was a horrible mom, worst mom ever, that I hate them, that I only care about myself, and that I never want them to have any fun. So again, I screamed but I did not give in. I am not being guilt-ed by elementary school children. What a load of crap. They bugged me for an hour. "Can I watch something educational? Just one show? PLEAASSSEEEE MOM!" My kids underestimate my ability to put up with a large amount of annoying sounds and whining. It was horrible. I was so happy when it was bedtime.

So today after work, I did not pick them up early. In fact, I am not picking them up until 5. Hell, I pay for them to be in Latchkey until 6. I might just have a cup of coffee and read a magazine. Because I am the worst mom ever that only cares about myself.

Someone came over and took a video of my kids, check it out:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment