Tuesday, April 7, 2015

I'm So Lazy, I'm the Worst

                                        
Easter was this weekend and I continued my streak of being the worst mom ever. I did all the things that we usually do on Easter. I decorated the house with bunnies, which brought out the Catholic guilt in me. We dyed Easter eggs and I painted bunny prints on the floor. I made the Easter baskets. They weren't my best work. I did a shit job of hiding them. I definitely did not go above and beyond this year. Bad Mom Award.

The worst thing I did as a mom this Easter is that I didn't buy my daughters Easter dresses. I just didn't. I felt no reason to. I just wasn't up for the fight. My girls don't wear dresses often and they certainly would not wear Easter dresses that I would have wanted them to. If I brought home a dress like this there would be a revolt:
                                                       
My ten year old's uniform is black tights, American Eagle sweatshirts and Converse sneakers and my eight year old's preferred style vacillates between "homeless" and "future stripper." I wasn't doing it this year. I was not spending a bunch of money of dresses that I would have to scream at my kids to wear and listen to them complain about the entire day only to be thrown in the back of the closet and never worn again. So I didn't do it. I let them wear what they wanted to church.

They wore dresses but not cute Easter dresses. I am the only lazy mother because everyone's else kids were in matching seer sucker dresses and frilly skirts. Boys were in bow ties and meticulously pressed shirts. My news feed was full of smiling families posing in front of lilies and sh*t. I am horrible and lazy. The self loathing is strong.

In other news, the kids went back to school today which was borderline painful. Sleeping in for Spring Break was the best thing that ever happened. By sleep in, I mean sleeping until 6:50 am. Not having to pack lunch was almost magical. This was me every morning of spring break when I remembered that I didn't have to pack lunches:
                 

Those good times are over now....it is back to reality. Nine more weeks of school. We have research projects due, reading goals to meet, vocab tests to ace, gymnastic competitions. I say WE because I get roped into these things. I thought I did my time. I endured 12 years of school and 5 years of college but no...when you have kids you get to start all over again. Except now it's worse because you have to finance their academic endeavors.

Please summer....get here now. I NEED you!


No comments:

Post a Comment