Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Dating

                                    
I was sitting at the dining room table working at my computer this evening when my husband came home from work. He had a grin on his face and our daughter's phone in his hand. "She left her phone in my car this morning. You have got to read these texts." I gave him concerned look. "Is it bad?" He laughed. "Just read them." Yeah, we read our kids texts messages. We pay the bill, it's the rules.

The first one was from a random boy.

Random Boy: When can we?
My Daughter: When can we what?
RB: Date
MD: I'm not dating
RB: Why not?
MD: Because
RB: Please?
MD: Stop
RB: : (

My goodness. A little aggressive for 11, right?  If you send my daughter a text that asks "When can we?" You will get blocked. Do these kids think that they're text messages are private?

Also, my daughter tell me a lot of things. She might not tell me everything but I know things. So be careful what you tell my daughter because she will tell me. The child can't hold water.

I don't know what these 6th graders think dating is. They aren't going to actually go on any dates. Maybe they'll sit together at lunch or something. Weirdos.

Then she got another text from a friend that said this: "Some boy told J who told W who told me that Hunter told him in library that he can't ask you out."

Well, that was very convoluted. Hunter has is setting the rule early. He changed his Instagram from "single" to my daughter being his best girl friend. Whatever that means.

I gave my daughter her phone back. "What's up with everyone wanting to "date"?"
She shrugged. "I don't know but I'm done with boys for a while."
"Me too."
"What about dad?"
"That's what I meant." haha.

There is something weird about the whole thing. Boys liking my daughter. I hate it so much.










No comments:

Post a Comment