Sunday, September 13, 2015

Stop Takin My Shit

                   
Today I lost my mind on my 11 year old daughter. Lost it. I went into the bathroom to do my nails. My nails get so raggedy, especially my cuticles. I went into my bag and my cuticle cutters were missing. I felt the rage just build inside of me. The cuticle cutters are the last straw.

A few weeks ago I brought a manicure set, new nail files and clear nail polish just for my bathroom. The girls have their own. Literally a container of nail polish and files. Yet for some reason, everything slowly has disappeared from my bathroom. I confronted them about it and they both look at me like I'm out of my mind. "I don't know where your things could have went to." Maybe it's the ghost. Last week I splurged on a pair of $15 cuticle cutters. Nice ones that would hold up. Now those were missing too. It was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I walked out of the bathroom in a rage, screaming at my daughter.
              Jack Nicholsom
"I AM SO TIRED OF YOU GUYS TAKING MY SHIT ALL OF THE TIME. WHERE ARE MY CUTICLE CUTTERS?"

"They are in your make up bag?"
"No they aren't."
"Well, I don't have them."
"You were doing your nails."
"So what? Why do you always accuse me of things?"
"Because you guys ALWAYS take my things."
"I didn't take them."

I was red. I went into her room, then her bathroom, and then to the desk where she had been sitting doing her nails. Underneath a pile of acetone-soaked cotton balls that she had just left laying around were my cuticle cutters. Oh My God!

"These were on the desk where you were doing your nails."
She looked me dead in the face and said, "I didn't take them."

I was like:


"YOU CAN NEVER USE THE CUTICLE CUTTERS EVER AGAIN!!!!"

Did I overreact? Maybe. But it's more than just the cuticle cutters. The kids take everything that I buy for myself. Literally, everything. It's not even like they take things they don't have. They have nicer things than I do.

Like the other day I couldn't find my body spray. It was in my 9 year old's room. She has nice body spray from Bath and Body Works yet she still felt compelled to take my one body spray that I got from the dollar store. One of those "If You Like Green Emeralds...." kind of body sprays.

Make up. They also are going into my make up bag to "practice" putting on make up and doing makeup tutorials. Some mornings I can't even find my make up bag. I have to scour bedrooms. They have "practice" make up but NO they have to use mine. My 11 year old had the gall to say to me, "Mom, you need to get better make up. Your makeup is for amateurs. You need to start buying MAC."
                          
First of all, I'm not going to buy good make up just so you, your sister, and your friends can use it all. Secondly, I just spent $500 this week on gymnastics uniforms and dance shoes so where is this magical MAC money coming from?

Clothes. I am a tiny person so they love to take my sweaters. My 6th grader will wear my flip flops and ALL of my pajama pants. She takes every pair.

Head phones. My oldest daughter has a bad habit of chewing on her headphone cords. I cannot tell you how many times I've yelled at her about it. She does it compulsively. She's like a kid that eats paint chips. She will chew a pair down until they stop working and then will steal mine. We've gotten wireless headphones but she doesn't like them. She will take my good headphones and replace them with her chewed up ones like I'm not going to notice. Makes me crazy.

Food. I try to hide food but it doesn't work. I purchased candy for a special event and hid it in the hall closet at the very top. On boxes and everything. I went to get it down and it was empty. These a-holes just took it upon themselves to eat the whole bag.

Money. God forbid I lay money down on the counter. That will disappear really quick. No one will admit to it.

It would be one thing if my kids used my stuff and then put it back but they don't. They just take things because they are mine and they think they are extensions of me or something. I knew when I had kids that things would never be the same but I didn't realize that if you push a human out of your vagina they will take literally everything you own.

I was already pissed off then I walked into their bedrooms, and their bathroom and saw all the crap they put in my room. They will make a mess in their space so they just move on to mine. After I was done cutting my cuticles I surveyed the damage. More screaming.
"YOU GUYS ARE SLOBS. GET OFF THE SIMS AND CLEAN YOUR BATHROOM AND GET YOUR CRAP OUT OF THIS ROOM. NOW!!!!"

They were all smug.
         yelling animated GIF

Give me strength.


No comments:

Post a Comment