Monday, September 21, 2015

Let's Be Friends

                          
On Friday night, I came home and collapsed into a heap on the couch. It was a long week. The kids came in and I asked them about their day. Everything seemed fine. My husband had a meeting in DC and wasn't getting back until late so it was going to be a girls night.

My 11 year old seemed not herself. A little more quiet than usual. "Are you okay? Did something happen today?"
She shrugged, "No, not really."
"Are you sure?"
"Hunter told me he thinks we are better off as friends, so...." she said nonchalantly.

I knew it was coming. Three months is a long time in 6th grade. She didn't seem super bothered by it but her feelings were hurt. He already had updated his Instagram to "single" by 4 pm. OUCH.

Although I don't think boyfriends and girlfriends should be a thing in sixth grade - I was still highly offended. Who does he think he is breaking up with my daughter? She's the cutest. He hurt her feelings. Uggh.
          rude animated GIF
As a consolation I took her out to dinner and ate the biggest brownie for dessert. Drizzled in caramel with ice cream on top. "Why does chocolate make everything better?" she asked. Spoken like a true fatty. She takes after her father and I.

I hate middle school. I wish we could go back to first grade some days.

My 9 year old was driving me crazy tonight. After she did her homework, I let her watch TV. When it was time to read this kid laid down and went on and on and on and on about how sore her muscles are. Whined for 10 minutes, "They hurt so bad!"

It's amazing that she can watch TV for an entire hour just fine but the minute she has to read her muscles hurt so bad that she can't concentrate. I can't deal.

My husband and I are going out of town this weekend and leaving the kids behind. I can't wait. Bye Felicia. Bad Mom Award.


No comments:

Post a Comment