Thursday, January 28, 2016

We're Just a Bunch of Hot Messes Over Here


My life has been so cray cray lately. My head is spinning. We are so busy in this house that I feel like half the time I don't know the month, day or year. Sometimes I don't even know who I am.
zoolander who am i ben stiller

I was a hot mess today. I woke up at 6 am and was busy getting ready, putting breakfast on the table, making lunches. I came back home and I had the termite bond guy show up at my house at 8 am. I had a conference call to get on, so much work to do. I felt frantic. The termite guy was like, "I need to get in your garage."

I was mortified. My garage is an episode of Hoarders. I have kitchen appliances, a million empty boxes. I kept apologizing. "Sorry my garage should be on Hoarders." "Excuse the mess." "It's not usually like this."
Why do I feel the need to explain myself to the termite man? Also, who do I think I'm kidding? It is usually like this. The only time it's not is the 5 minutes after I clean it. I swear to God my whole house has never been clean at the same time. NEVER. I give up. I'm a hot mess.

At least I have the kids to keep things humorous. You never know what is going to come out of the mouth of my 9 year old. We were watching a movie on Saturday and in the movie the mom was upset that the husband was not spending enough time with the family. The lady in the movie said, "Tom has worked every weekend since Christmas." My 9 year old blurted out: "He's having an affair. He's probably on Ashley Madison."
                                 sistersmovie  movie film funny comedy
Yes, those words came out of the mouth of my 4th grader. "How do you know about Ashley Madison?"
She shrugged. "I don't know. It was in the news." Great. It reminded me of the time that she told me that my husband and I should watch 50 Shades of Grey for our wedding anniversary. She's a hot mess.

Hot mess number 3 is my 11 year old. I was laying in bed the other night and she walks in, stands at the edge of my bed and says, "We need to get rid of all of my clothes." Can't she ever come in my room and tell me something good like offer to fold the laundry or something?
"Why are we getting rid of all your clothes?"
"Because I'm going for a new look."
"What kind of look is that?"
"Kind of hipster, but a little bit of goth but kind of girlie."

             
I don't even know what that means. "We can get some outfits but we are not getting rid of all of your clothes. I also get ultimate veto power."
She shrugged and stuffed the earbuds back into her ears. "Whatever."

There is never a dull moment in my house never. I have to go to bed now. My thoughts are not linear. I don't even know who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment