Friday, September 27, 2013

Fun.

                   
It's been a crazy week. We took the kids to their first concert this week. It was Fun. and Teagan and Sara. It was on a Tuesday night, a school night. Bad Mom Award. We purchased the tickets in February - the kids heard about it on the radio and begged, and begged and begged and we finally gave in. Not before I did some investigative work. I spent a whole night on Youtube listening to all of their music to make sure they didn't have songs about shooting up heroin, one night stands and to make sure they were clothed during their concert. They were very tame, except that one song had the F-word. It's not like they never heard that word out of my mouth. Yes, I've slipped -I'm not perfect.

I am not a big concert person. I don't really believe in paying money to see live music. If I want to see Fun play music, I'll just pull it up on Youtube. But, I thought it would be a fun family event so I agreed.We have waited for 6 months and the kids were so excited.


The concert was in Daniel Island. I love Daniel Island. Daniel Island is like an alternate universe where everything is new and shiny and everyone is beautiful.
               

We went to dinner as a family and then headed to the stadium. We had pretty decent seats.They weren't high up in the stands. We were in row H to the side a bit but had a pretty close view of everything - yet my 7 year old still complained that we didn't have front row tickets. Seriously. You are in one of the most beautiful places ever at a big concert and you are in second grade and you are mad that you aren't in the front row? Go complain to some starving kids in China.

She got over it pretty quick. Teagan and Sara came out and played and we were so excited. We have been Teagan and Sara for years and the kids know a lot of their music so they were happy and singing along.

After they played it took FOREVER to set up and stage and Fun. to come out. The kids were annoyed, but finally they came out and they were awesome. Much better than I expected, actually. The lead singer was very cute and energetic. The kids were standing up, clapping and dancing and singing their little hearts out. It may have been the cutest thing I had ever seen. It was such a nice time, I am really glad that we went.

We didn't get back to the car until 11:30 and the kids fell right asleep. Traffic was horrible and we didn't get home until after midnight. My husband and I carried the kids upstairs and into bed. The next morning was rough. I let the kids go to school in sweat pants pretty much. It was a half day thankfully so they only had to make it 3 hours. Sometimes you have to have a little fun (no pun intended).

No comments:

Post a Comment