Sunday, September 22, 2013

In 10 Years

                  
The other day my 9 year old came up to me and said, "Mom, I have a pimple. Right here - see?" She pointed to the tiniest blemish on her cheek. "I have to do something about this." I told that this weekend we could get some special face wash and moisturizer to help reduce and prevent blemishes. I need some of that too. I had beautiful skin until I had kids and my hormones got all wonky. Now I break out all the time. Uggh. So we made it a date. On Sunday we were going to go out, just the 2 of us and get pimple cream and face wash and some loom bands.

This morning we got into the car and we were listening to the radio and they were playing a "flash back" song. Carson Daly said, "Ten years ago this weekend, Outcast released this song: Hey Ya." What? 10 years ago? I turned to my daughter who was making a bracelet in the back seat. "Hey, I was pregnant with you 10  years ago in October." That seems almost crazy to think about. That 10 years ago, she wasn't even an apple in my eye and now we are on our way to the store to buy her some pimple cream. How is that even possible? Time is passing so quickly. I feel like we are being catapulted into the future at a record fast speed. And so it goes.

In other news, my 7 year old is continuing her mean streak. My husband didn't want to play badminton with her her other day and she got upset. We were sitting at the table and she walked up to the table and handed him a piece of paper and stomped off. This is what it said:
 This is the translation:
Dear Dad,
You never want to play badmint. You're a jerk. I never want to play badmint. I wish mom never married you.
BUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!


No comments:

Post a Comment