Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Future is Frightening

                              
This weekend was like any other weekend. I went grocery shopping, attempted to do laundry, ignored my children..... On Sunday afternoon, the kids were outside playing and we were listening to vevo while I was cleaning up. I decided to take a break and I plopped down onto the couch with a cup of coffee and told my husband to put on something from the 90's. Yes - I was drinking coffee in the middle of the afternoon while watching 18 year old music videos - I'm a loser, don't judge me.

So he put on this Days of the New song. I am watching the video and I said, "Honey, the lead singer of this band is only 16." "NO WAY - he is definitely like 23." I corrected him, "Well, I saw him on an episode of Intervention and he said he was 16 when this song came out." My husband disagreed. So I decided to check with the omnipotent Google who confirmed that we were both wrong. He was 17.
                        
                                         The shirtless dude - he's 17. WTF?

So I continue to watch and I had this revelation and I turned to him and said, "OH MY GOD! In 7 years, we will have a 16 year old daughter. So hypothetically, a 17 year old boy that looks like this dude might show up at our house to take C on a date."  He looked at me with a very disturbed look on his face."We are DOOMED," I said.

I can't say for certain but I'm pretty sure in 7 years we will be in hell. I will weep a lot. I will probably keep STD pamphlets on my coffee table and make my daughters wear turtle necks and be a crazy person. I will be totally lame. These future boys better mind their manners because I already don't like them or trust them.



No comments:

Post a Comment