Sunday, February 9, 2014

Hockey Time

         

Last night we took the kids to a hockey game. My 9 year old was singing the national anthem with her chorus and she was so excited. She dressed up in her school colors and made her hair pretty. Her friends were at the game, which was a nice treat. My dad came along. He loves hockey. He always had the Flyers games on when we were kids.

We climbed the stairs to get to our seats and at the top of the stairs they were giving out vuvuzelas. I knew at that moment it would be a long game. Think World Cup, annoying buzzing horns. Yes, it was painful.

We took our seats and they called the kids down and they sang the Star Spangled Banner beautifully. I was so proud of my baby. She came back to her seat and begged me to go sit with a friend. I let her but was a little disappointed. She was pretending not to know me., I think. My husband told me that I'm embarrassing because I get a little too excited. I throw my hands in the air and cheer. I don't care. I paid $12 for my ticket. I'm having fun.

The hockey players skated out. I am fond of hockey players. They really do it for me. Out of all of the mainstream sports, I would say think hockey players are the most attractive. They are manly men. They don't mess around. They have weapons on their feet, for Gods sake. They are always checking people and starting fights. They are just tough, manly dudes. I like that. Some would argue that football is the most manly sport but I would disagree.They are always smacking each others butts (and their own, WTH?) and doing fruity victory dances.

I'm not into all of that. That turns me off. If you saw a hockey player doing that, he may get a beat down. 
The only weird thing about hockey is the goalie. The goalie always reminds me of a crab. They make strange, crab-like movements. Watch it one time, you'll get what I'm saying.

So anyway, they started the game and we were cheering and having a good time. The opposing team was really aggressive but there weren't any good fights until the end of the game. Our team lost. :( It was a nice night with the family, though. We had a good time.

I have my plate full today. My 7 year old decided that she wanted to start a book club. She wants me to make tea sandwiches. I'll serve them tea sandwiches and strawberries and milanos on china and serve them tea in little tea cups and her and her friends will discuss their books that they're reading. She is so funny. She's like a 60 year old woman. haha. 

Off to prepare for the book club this afternoon....no rest for the weary.



No comments:

Post a Comment