Thursday, May 31, 2012

Crap Toys


 
Tuesday is my favorite day of the week. It is the only day that I am guaranteed to not have to cook dinner. Every Tuesday night we eat at Moe's because kids eat free. It appeals to both my cheap and lazy side. This past Tuesday we got there a little bit earlier than usual. I try to wait for my husband to show up and he was close by this week, so I was excited to eat all together.

I knew if we waited in the car that within 7 minutes the kids would want to kill each other so I asked the kids if they wanted to go to Toys R Us to look around. Of course they wanted to!

I can take my kids into toy stores without them asking me to buy them anything. That's because they know my answer will be “no”. I am not one of those parents that buys my kids toys for no reason. They can get toys for Christmas, birthdays or if they get a special award at school or something like that but I just am not a random toy buyer. Toys are expensive. That's not the primary reason that I don't buy them randomly. They are expensive and most of them are crap. Plastic expensive pieces of crap. If the kids really want a certain toy for their birthday or Christmas, I will buy it even if it is a piece of crap -  but I don't like it.

Take Barbie's Play House for instance. It is basically plastic box that has STICKERS on the side to create the “rooms” AND the parents have to put it together. It sells for $170. Really? Mattel is out of their minds. This crap plastic thing probably took $6 to put together and ship over from China and they are trying to rip people off because they know that parents have a hard time ruining their kids dream on Christmas day. Devious.

I have weird kids. They usually don't request cheap plastic crap (although they often ask for Barbies that I buy and they never play with). My oldest for her birthday wants a pair of lovebirds. A few years ago for Christmas she asked for owl pellets to dissect. My youngest usually just asks for something her sister has. haha.

We looked at bikes (that's what they will get for their birthdays this year). We found some rockin' helmets:

My kids are going to be so darn cute! We ended our excursion by hugging what seemed like EVERY stuffed animal in the store. The employees where annoyed with us, I think. It was some good cheap fun and we had a cheap family dinner afterwards. Yes, Tuesday is a good day!



No comments:

Post a Comment