Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Get a Job

                             
Kids are expensive. There is no way around it. They need to be fed and clothed. They need to participate in things. They are just expensive. Which would be okay, if they were a little considerate about it. But their not. They pretty much do not care. I was so tired of it this weekend. I had enough.

My 9 year old daughter had to sing at this community event on Saturday and a note came home from the teacher that said the kids needed to wear jeans, and a red,white and blue top. We were getting ready and she walks out in black tights and a red, white and blue top. I said, "Your teacher said that you have to wear jeans." "I don't have jeans." We both knew damn well that she has jeans. "You have like, 20 pairs of jeans." "No I don't." So I went into her room and I counted them. She has 9 pairs of jeans. Which is really, ridiculous. No one needs that many jeans. I don't know how or why she has so many. "I hate them all." "Why?" "They are loose around the waist." "You are skinny, wear a belt." So she put on these jeans and put on a belt and she looked fantastic. She didn't smile at all, she glared at me. "Don't look at me," she spewed. Whatever. I am not going out to buy new jeans just because you don't like to wear a belt.

And then there is the lights. It is a constant struggle to get the kids to turn the lights off. It was Saturday evening and I was in bed and my 9 year old went in her room. I yelled to her, "Turn your light off..." I work up in the morning and that light was on ALL.NIGHT.LONG. What the heck. I said to her, "What do you think? Electricity is free?" Do you know what she said to me? "It's free to me." What did you just say?
                                 
I'm going to start making the kids owe me a chore every time they leave the lights on.

Then there is the coats. I purchased new winter coats for the kids last year. They still look great. They still fit. They are clean and in style and my kids refuse to wear them. They wanted peacoats. AHHHHH. I am tired of them always acting like they need new stuff. I was complaining to my husband and he was like, "You're right. You know the reason I brought those boots was because W told me she had no shoes." I shook my head. "Don't ever trust the kids when it comes to them wanting you to buy them something. They are liars."

Only 6 and 8 more years until they can get jobs - the countdown has commenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment