Monday, July 28, 2014

Costume Time

                               
I have been so out of the loop. I am just busy and tired. I am so glad the end of July is almost here. I am tired of my kid's birthdays. Bad Mom Award. Seriously, we threw parties for 3 Saturdays in a row. I am so over it. I don't want to see another cake, or wrapping paper or balloon for a long time. Don't get me wrong- I love my kids and am happy to celebrate their births but I spent way too much time and money on birthdays this year.

July being over means that school starts soon, which I have mixed feelings about. I love the idea of being back on a regular schedule and not having to make lunches but I kind have liked this summer. It's flown by. Besides, I really am dreading back to school shopping and getting my kids up at 6 am. All good things must come to an end.

This is the time of year that my kids decide on Halloween costumes. That's because they usually want to be something crazy and obscure that I have to make by hand and it takes like 3 months. I was dreading what they were going to come up with. They had been talking about being characters from Raymans Legends:
                                              
Thank God they forgot about that. My oldest said, "I want to be a nerd." I laughed, "Well, you don't need to dress up for that." haha. I meant it in good fun. Bad Mom Award. My youngest wants to be a dead cheerleader. I am over the moon that I don't have to painstakingly sew costumes this year. I want to celebrate. We were having the discussion about it at AC Moore and my little one began to sing, "Give me a D-D, give me an E-E, give me an A-A, give me a T-T, give me an H-H - What's that spell? DEATH! DEATH! DEATH!" She had her hands in the air and did a little jump with each death declaration. Everyone turned and looked at her like she was insane. I whispered to her, "Next time, don't do the death cheer in public, okay?" She didn't see anything wrong with it.

So, we have 93 days until Halloween and I was excited that I didn't have to make anything. Until my husband said, "I want us all to go to Comic Con in December." The kids turned to me. "Mom, will you make us costumes?" Ugggh - no. I am buying storm trooper outfits and then sitting in my sweat pants and drinking a margarita.


No comments:

Post a Comment