Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I Feel Like Chicken Tonight, Like Chicken Tonight

                                  

Last night, I was in the kitchen making dinner and my kids walked in. "What's for dinner?" "Chicken." They whined, "Awww, man. Not again." How did I respond? I started doing the chicken dance arms and singing, "I feel like chicken tonight, like chicken to toNIGHT!" My kids looked at me like I was insane. "What the heck mom?" "It's a commercial. I didn't make it up. I'll show you after dinner." We ate and then I pulled out my laptop. "Look, I told you."
I thought, whoever wrote that jingle should get a raise because I am still singing it 22 years later and the product no longer exists. My kids were loving it. So we spent yesterday evening watching 90s commercials on Youtube. It literally blew my kid's minds. "Wait - you could get pizza at Wendys? Wow, toys back then were crappy. I'd play with a Nite Brite. These graphics are horrible." I remarked at how cheap things were. You could get buy 1 get 1 meals at Burger King. What happened?

My daughter was like, "It would be cool if we had a time machine because we could get a lot of nickels and go back to the 90s and we could buy EVERYTHING." Ummmmm.....it was only 20 years ago, not the 1930s.

I think it's so funny that my kids think I am so old. They think I grew up in the Stone Age. They think we were primitive beings. Especially my 5th grader. I am always reminding her that I am pretty much one of the youngest moms. She just rolls her eyes. "Well, you don't act like it." BUUUURRRRRNNNN.

My husband came home late and we were still sucked into Youtube. "What are you doing? Why aren't the kids in bed yet?" I shrugged. "I am giving the kids a history lesson on 90's commercials." He was immediately interested. "You have got to put on the Crossfire commercial." That's why I love him. He gets it.



No comments:

Post a Comment