Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Weekend Getaway

  

This weekend we went away. We needed time alone, just the 4 of us to relax and enjoy each other. The kids had no idea. It was so awesome. We both got up and ready like we were going to work. We dropped the kids off at school and then did all the packing. We picked up my little one first at lunch. She was very confused. "Why are you picking me up?" "Because I missed you." She didn't believe me. She was even more confused when she saw my husband sitting in the car. "What's going on?" I smiled. "We are going to Florida this weekend. We're going to Seaworld, Aquatica, Disney and we are leaving right now." She still was confused, "Really?" Then she screamed. Then we headed to the middle school to get my oldest. She was concerned. "Why are you here? Am I in trouble? Did something bad happen?" She's anxious. We got in the car and I let my little one break the news to her. She covered her mouth and her eyes got really big. Then she did a little happy dance.

We decided to not rush. It's a 5 and a half hour drive but we stopped and had coffee, we had a nice sit down dinner. We decided to take out time and get there when we get there. I made a scavenger game for the kids and we actually had an enjoyable ride.

Our hotel was fabulous. I just picked one near the parks that had a pool. There were multiple restaurants, 3 pools, mini golf, all kinds of activities. We got free quick queue at SeaWorld with our stay, free breakfast. I was very pleasantly surprised. We got our key and went up to the room. It was on the top floor with a gorgeous view of Orlando. It was very nice. The kids explored the place and my little one walked out of the bathroom and said, "Mom, it's your dream come true. There are 2 toilets. One for you and one for dad!" There is this old SNL skit about lovers who love to be together so they get ajoining toilets and we joke when we are both working a lot that we should get toilets next to each other so we can spend more time together. Obviously, my 8 year old takes me seriously. I went in the bathroom and saw a toilet and bidet. "That's a bidet. Not a toilet." "What's a bidet?" I explained it to her and turned it on. The knob was so sensitive the water squirted way up. It would give you a colonic. She looked a little confused. "Can I watch you use it?" Ummmm.....NO. That is disgusting. She was fascinated by it. Later she went to the bathroom and my husband felt the need to yell through the door, "Don't poop in the bidet." I was dying of laughter.

We walked to SeaWorld the next day. We didn't care about the animals. We wanted to go on the rides! We had such a fun time. I went on a roller coaster that made me cry and almost pee my pants. We went on all the rides 2-3 times. We didn't wait in line. We had dinner next to a shark tank. Then we went back to the hotel in the evening and swam in the pool. It was awesome.

The next day we went to Aquatica, which is a huge water park. I was putting sunscreen on the girls and handed it to my husband. "Put on some sunscreen." He gave me his standard response. "Don't tell me what to do." Whatever. He thinks I tell him what to do just because I like to be bossy, but it's not true. I didn't argue with him.

We enjoyed all the water slides and it began to rain in the late afternoon so we headed back and then had dinner at Downtown Disney. We ate crab legs and listened to street performers and made light sabers in the toy store.

When we got back, my husband showed me his horrible sun burn. His first sunburn he has ever had in his life. He was so uncomfortable. Next time, listen to your wide.

Besides the sunburn, it was the perfect weekend. I didn't check my email, read the news, check facebook. The kids were behaved and happy and appreciative. We needed it. Now it's back to the real world. Too bad vacation can't last forever.

https://screen.yahoo.com/love-toilet-000000389.html


No comments:

Post a Comment