Wednesday, October 1, 2014

This Weekend

         

This weekend we went on an excursion to Myrtle Beach. I have been dying to go to Brookgreen Gardens for the longest time, so that is what we did. Unfortunately, it was drizzily but we didn't let it ruin our fun. They had beautiful statues and flowers. We walked through admiring everything and my 8 year old's eyes were REALLY big. She turned to me and said, "Mom, I don't think this place is appropriate for children." I laughed so hard. It was just naked statues everywhere.
                                       
                                            
"No, honey. It's art." She rolled her eyes. "Well, it's weird." We went to the butterfly garden and they had this section with a bunch of different playhouses that each had a fairy tale theme. We went on a boat ride and saw an alligator. We saw horses. I walked up to put one and my husband was like, "Whoa, back up." There was a 5 foot snake just slizzering slowly along. I thought my mother in law was going to poop her pants. She HATES snakes.

Afterwards we headed to the hotel and swam in the pool and the lazy river and soaked in the hot tub. They had unlimited free DVD rentals so we watched Diary of a Wimpy Kid and we all laughed and had a good time.

The next day we headed to another hotel. We were hotel hopping. They had a little waterpark, so we put on our suits and headed out to have fun. I witnessed an altercation while I was there, all over the lazy river. So, we decided to go to the lazy river. They were out of tubes. There was a couple in front of us with 3 beautiful blond-haired, blue eyed children. We struck up a conversation, "Are they triplets?" "Yea, blah, blah, blah." It was taking a while to get a tube and the husband said to me, "We need a double tube and there is only one and this guy and his kids are on it and they have gone around 11 times." I watched the gentleman float by again, with a smug look on his face. The wife was loosing her patience, "I'm going to say something next time." The husband was like, "No, don't say anything. Just see if he gets out this time around." The 3 year old triplets were squirming and really wanting to get in a tube. I was feeling bad for them.

I saw the man approaching on the double tube and he just started to float by. Even I kind of wanted to punch him in the back of the head. The dad of the triplet completely lost his crap.
         

He said, "You know what dude? Your an a**hole!" The guy turned around and just started yelling. "Did you just call me an a**hole?" Then he turned to the life guard, "Are you just going to stand around and let this guy call me an a**hole?" The life guard shrugged like, Yeah. "You have gone around ELEVEN TIMES even though you saw us waiting here with 3 little kids." The man on the tube yelled back, "I don't have to get out if I don't want to. I don't care." Then the wife started in, "Have some common decency, dude. You are a real a**hole." Then the parents took their crying kids by the hands and they left the area. My daughter and I were just standing there frozen. Whoa. The a**hole in the tube went around again and then we got on a tube. We went around twice, and saw some kids waiting so we got out to give them a turn. Not the guy. He went around again. He went around a total of 32 times before leaving the lazy river. What a horrible person. It's called taking turns. He must have never learned that in pre-school.

After pool time we ordered room service for lunch, which I kids thought was so fancy. We sat on the balcony and watched the ocean and enjoyed the cool breeze. I wish I could have stopped time then. I love our weekend excursions.

No comments:

Post a Comment